An Arizona marijuana establishment is voluntarily recalling specific products due to possible contamination with Aspergillus, a fungus that can cause allergic reactions or infection, usually in people already sick with something else.
The product being voluntarily recalled is Curaleaf MnC batch number MnC-IC123H2-N.
The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) is advising purchasers to dispose of the products described in the table below, which ADHS was made aware of by the marijuana establishment. We are sharing this information out of an abundance of caution and to hopefully prevent any future illness.
To date, no illnesses have been reported. This announcement is being made out of an abundance of caution. Patients who have purchased potentially contaminated products should not ingest, inhale, or otherwise consume them and should dispose of them. If you have already consumed any of the products and have any of the symptoms described below, please contact your health care provider or seek care in the event of an emergency.
ADHS was made aware of the possible contaminated product by the marijuana establishment that sold the product.
Once ADHS discovered the potential contamination, we contacted the facility that produced the products. The licensee took immediate action to work with all distribution and retail partners to remove any potentially impacted products from store shelves.