CB Therapeutics, a biosynthesis company, is celebrating a move to an expanded laboratory, which will serve to increase its research compound production footprint.
The announcement of the new laboratory comes at a time when CB Therapeutics is broadening its services to support partnerships in psychedelics, cannabis and food tech research.
CB Therapeutics’ new space is dedicated to the following services:
- Advanced protein engineering and production.
- Proprietary cellular agriculture platform.
- Bioreactor suites for precision fermentation.
- Automated robotics for streamlining process development.
- Analytical equipment, including a growing suite of UHPLCs, GCs, and MS.
- Downstream processing and purification equipment for bench-to-pilot scale projects.
The new laboratory site design includes:
- 16,000 sq. ft. of space.
- Strain engineering, fermentation, downstream, and analytical activities.
- Expanded space for GMP manufacturing of molecules.
- Tissue culture and drug discovery capabilities.
"As the industries we serve grow, supply of clinical-grade materials and access to qualified research facilities and talent are increasingly becoming bottlenecks. CB Therapeutics addresses this need by offering services and partnership opportunities that leverage our federal licence, expertise and state-of-the-art facility," said co-founder and CEO Sher Ali Butt.
"It’s more important than ever to leverage the sustainable and scalable processes that synthetic biology enables to tackle society’s greatest challenges. We are very proud of CB Therapeutics’ brilliant team, its advisors, and investors for working hard to accelerate our innovations through great science and sustainable products,” said co-founder and CSO Dr. Jacob Vogan. “With this great increase in space and capabilities, we’re continuing to bring in more collaborators, partners, and customers to innovate the therapeutic molecule supply chain, discover new drug candidates, produce ethical food-alternatives, and much more.”