Hydrocarbon extraction equipment manufacturer, Luna Technologies, has expanded its product line with the new 1.2-ton Biomass Packer. Designed for use with the company’s IO Extractor, the biomass packer is designed to safely and consistently compress frozen or dry cannabis flower into an eight-inch puck, prepared to fit the IO Extractor’s 25-micron filter bag.
- The ability to streamline one of the most physically draining and time-consuming steps to preparing cannabis flower for the hydrocarbon extraction process.
- A hopper that can take up to ten pounds of loose biomass at a time.
- A foot switch that activates the machine to pneumatically compress biomass safely, consistently, and up to 60 percent more effectively than by hand.
- Safety features and mufflers to control noise.
- Up to 2,385 pounds of force to compress the biomass into pucks.
- The ability to reduce stored volume by up to 85 percent.
When compared to hand packing, the 1.2-ton Biomass Packer improves the ability to control packing pressure, which provides a consistent starting point for hydrocarbon extraction and produces the highest quality oil possible.
BDSA, the leading provider of cannabis industry market research, together with its partner Arcview Market Research reports that sales growth for cannabis extracts in U.S. retail is outpacing traditional flower, and is projected to top $8 billion, or 35.9 percent of the total market, by 2022. \
For more information, visit https://www.lunatechequipment.com/.