The Colorado Department of Revenue (DOR), in conjunction with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), is issuing a health and safety advisory due to the identification of potentially unsafe levels of total yeast and mold and aspergillus contamination in retail marijuana flower (bud/shake/trim) produced by 240 Arthur Avenue LLC (doing business as Rivus Fine Cannabis). The CDPHE and DOR deem it a threat to public health and safety when marijuana is found to contain levels of total yeast and mold and aspergillus above the acceptable limits established in Colorado Marijuana Rule 4-115.
Through an investigation, the DOR has identified two Harvest Batches produced by 240 Arthur Avenue LLC that contained levels of contaminants above acceptable limits for total yeast and mold and aspergillus sold by retail marijuana stores between September 17, 2022 and October 12, 2022.
Consumers who have this affected marijuana in their possession should destroy it or return it to the Retail Marijuana Store from which it was purchased for proper disposal. Consumers who experience adverse health effects from consuming the marijuana flower should seek medical attention immediately and report the event to the Marijuana Enforcement Division by submitting a MED Reporting Form.
All affected marijuana has a label affixed to the container that, at a minimum, indicates the license number of the Regulated Marijuana Business that cultivated the marijuana and the Harvest Batch number assigned to the marijuana. Consumers should check the label of their Retail Marijuana flower for the following Retail Marijuana Cultivation license number and Harvest Batch numbers.
Retail Marijuana Cultivation License: 403R-01197
Total Yeast and Mold and Aspergillus Contaminated Harvest Batches:
The affected marijuana was sold at the following retail marijuana stores:
- 402R-00755 Rocky Farms LLC doing business as Rocky Farms located at 1709 Swink Avenue, Rocky Ford, CO 81067
- 402R-00245 CCC INC doing business as The Happy Camper Cannabis Company located at 80 Rosalie Road, Bailey, CO 80421
- 402R-00526 The Cannabist Castle Supermarket & Dispensary Lounge LLC doing business as The Kind Castle located at 248 East First Street, Parachute, CO 801635
- 402R-00867 Kind Eatery LLC doing business as The Kind Castle located at 690 West Victory Way, Craig, CO 81625
- 402R-00853 Kind Nederland LLC doing business as The Kind Castle located at 98 South Highway 119, Nederland, CO 81602