VJ Group, a global X-ray technology provider, has launched a cannabis division, VJ Scientific. The new division will engineer and manufacture X-ray solutions for the cannabis industry. VJ Scientific's flagship product is a non-thermal, non-chemical cannabis decontamination machine, CX-1000, which will be presented in November at MJBizCon in Las Vegas.
VJ Scientific has developed proprietary, patent-pending X-ray technology for the cannabis industry that gives cultivators processing solutions to safely clean cannabis by the remediation of microbiological growth on cannabis flower.
VJ Scientific offers solutions to existing challenges cannabis companies face in decontamination. CX-1000's competitive advantages include:
- Zero Loss of Quality & Integrity – Heat and chemical-free pathogen management means the quality of cannabis is maintained. No burns, decarboxylation, chemical residue or change in potency, flavor, color or effect.
- Proprietary Dual-Sided Irradiation Design – Patent-pending technology delivers uniform X-ray dose for a balanced and full-coverage treatment, from every angle and at any density.
- Automatic & Intelligent Operations – Automatically compensates for variations in product density, depth, moisture content and packaging to deliver the optimal exposure every time. Minimal operator intervention required.
- Use Any Container or Packaging – No need to transfer cannabis into a special container for processing and risk damage to cannabis trichomes. CX-1000 is flexible enough to process cannabis in any container - bins, bags, trays, or final packaging - minimizing handling and preparation time.
- Superior Software & Data Access – Integrated multi-platform software available on mobile, desktop and built in-unit allows for real-time remote monitoring, while detailed data logs provide ultimate traceability of product over time.
Large and small scale cannabis cultivation comes with risk of biological hazards, such as mold and yeast. Most states where cannabis is legal have enacted legislation requiring companies to pass tests before releasing their product to the market. Nationally, about 10-15% of cannabis flower outright fails yeast and mold testing.
A failed test can result in loss from required product disposal, fines, product liability litigation, loss of reputation, and even loss of the business license. VJ Scientific's CX-1000 machine can help cultivation facilities, distributors, and other stakeholders concerned with compliance and quality clean cannabis flower and save millions of dollars.
The company said irradiation of cannabis is safe for both operator and consumer. The CX-1000 thoroughly and uniformly irradiates cannabis, inactivating dangerous mold and microbes with 99.9% effectiveness.
The CX-1000 will officially launch to market on November 16 when the VJ Scientific team will reveal the machine in-person on the first day of MJBizCon in Las Vegas, the largest cannabis trade show in the world. The company will be exhibiting at MJBizCon booth #11142 South Hall Upper Level.